The mission of the Friendship House Adults with Autism Day Program is to provide continuation of care and to improve the quality of life for adults on the autism spectrum in a supportive and caring environment by providing opportunities to allow for their greatest success.
Our program is an approved, qualified Self-Directed Day Program Provider and is temporarily located on the Bergen Regional Medical Center campus in Paramus, NJ. As of October 2013, we expanded our program to include a second location at Bergen Community College in Hackensack, NJ. Our hours are 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We operate twelve (12) months a year and are happy to assist in securing transportation for our members to and from program.
Our program includes:
- Skills and needs assessment
- Family involvement to work on treatment planning concerns
- Individual guidance to help each member attain individual growth and personal achievement
- Consultations with ABA consultant
- Activities of daily living training
- Social skills training groups
- Leisure skills training
- Community based recreational activities
- Pre-vocational and vocational training with use of job sampling and internships
- 3-Tier community placement system that includes Transitional Employment, Job Coaching and Supported Employment with long term follow-along supports.
- Collaboration with other service providers such as Psychiatric, Medical, OT, PT as needed